Sunday, June 29, 2008

What the ???
















By way of background, and this is incomprehensible to my West Coast readers, THERE ARE NO FROZEN YOGURT SHOPS IN BINGHAMTON. In fact, there are none for a good 50-miles, I believe (I'm assuming there must be one in Syracuse or Scranton). No, I do not know how I have survived 2 1/2 years without my favorite frozen treat, so you can imagine how excited I was when I saw that a yogurt shop had opened recently near the University. I would link to the website, or to any reference to it on the big, huge internet but - not surprisingly- I find none.

The place- Cafe Prince- is owned by the same people who own the Korean restaurant next door, and sells that tasty/funky Pinkberry-style fro-yo.

Still, you ask, what does this have to do with those nasty photos? You see, Cafe Prince is housed in a former bagel shop, so they decided it was a good idea to keep the fine Port-O-Bagel (I couldn't make that up, that is what the place was called) decor. Yes, those are fake flowers stuck into incredibly stale bagels, and partially covered up with coffee beans. Yeah, because styrofoam is so expensive?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ow, paydle