Wednesday, January 17, 2007

SNOW!!

Finally! Been here almost a year and this winter has seen only a light dusting of snow. This morning, I woke up to look out the window and see THIS sight- I felt like "Santa came! Santa came!" It's so beautiful.

An added benefit- we are pretty far north so it doesn't get light until like 7:30 am. When all this white, reflective stuff falls, it really magnifies what little sun we have and makes getting up a lot easier. Gorgeous, I tell you!

The car said it was 13 degrees when I got in this morning. We are so spoiled that our 78 year old landlord had already shoveled? blown? our front walk, so I can even wear my normal high heels to work, apparently.

I know, I know, we'll see how I feel about the snow when John is in Dallas for a conference this weekend, and I am left to drive in it by myself and make sure the pipes in the house don't freeze and burst!

No comments: