Sunday, August 31, 2008

Cupcake Haterz


As we know, I am not cool. So if even I have known for some time now that $5 cupcakes are all the rage lately (thank you, Marie and Lauren!), they must be really huge. In L.A., it's Sprinkles and in NYC . . . I don't know- Crumbs? Magnolia? Not sure. Again, not cool enough.

But I did realize that cupcakes were so huge that they had become synonymous with a certain breed of hipster (that's the millennial name for the "yuppie scum" of 80s fame). Evidence: We were exploring a gritty, transitional area of Brooklyn yesterday and I couldn't help but laugh at this sticker I found slapped into the doorway of a rusty, crusty industrial building. The industrial area, DUMBO, was forgotten for decades after WWII until artists, priced out of SoHo, started homesteading in the 1970s/80s. By the late 1990s, it was all over for the starving artists, and million dollar condos are now standard. So enjoy this protest, all you cupcake eaters:

"DIE YOU HIPSTER YUPPY 2 KOOL TRENDY CUPCAKE BITCHES"!!!!

No comments: