Wednesday, April 04, 2007

I'M (not) FAMOUS

This whole blogging experience has been really fun for me. It has taught me a bunch about a lot of things, not the least of which has been that it reminded me how proud my dad is of his kids. Only sometimes, unlike when I was admitted to a great school or made the dean's list, this pride is reeeeeeally misdirected. So sweet, but definitely misdirected.

Case in point: this blog. I started this blog in February 2006 when I moved to Binghamton, as a way to keep in touch with those people who were constantly asking "what's it like living there? what are you up to?" Although I know it's open to all visitors, I figured only a handful of people (hi mom!) would actually read it, and it was not meant for broad publication.

So, when I attended my cousin's wedding last June, I couldn't figure out why all my aunts, uncles and cousins kept mentioning my silly blog? After a whole weekend, I finally figured out the mystery- MY DAD! he had sent the link to Lord-knows-how-many people and I don't even want to know what the intro said. Did it say something like, "My daughter is published" or something? because he doesn't know that millions of losers like me also have blogs? and that it's free and only takes 2 brain cells to rub together, to get one started? I mean geez, all the skid-row folks I used to work with had blogs way back in like 2004. I'm not only not distinguished for having my own blog, I was a late comer to the blogosphere, at that.

No comments: