Friday, April 20, 2007

With the nice weather comes . . .

Garage Sale Season! Needless to say, I'm VERY excited that spring is here and the church bazaars and garage sales are getting into swing. Last weekend was record for us- I think I spent about $60 (for a good cause) at the annual Samaritan House sale and walked away with far too much to list (but rest assured it included an entire 8-person setting of cobalt glass dishes, 2 jewelry boxes, tons of costume jewelry, and a fireplace log holder for $1!).

So I had high expectations when I checked the "garage sales" section of the local paper this Friday morning, only to be let down. This one caught my eye, though. I understand that they don't want people's smelly old clothing, or toxic-waste-old-computers, but really, I just want to know, how big of a problem are "bowling balls"- and how many do they really get donated?- that they have to use their precious space to prohibit their donation? I know bowling is popular around these parts, but, really, has their donation reached crisis proportions that I'm unaware of?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Garage Sale
Date:
Sat, Apr 21, 2007
Time:
9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Location:
Endwell Fire Station, 3508 Country Club Road, Endwell, NY
Description:
to benefit Animal Care Council (donations being accepted from 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. the day before at the fire station, no clothing, bowling balls or computers will be accepted)

No comments: